Friday, March 13, 2009

Intimate Thoughts of Women of the Bible

A while back when I found that my writing was more than a habit or a hobby, I thought deeply about writing a musical for the stage titled - Intimate Thoughts of Women of the Bible.  The play center around the infamous Jezebel, only because I believe she gets an unfair bad rap.  Here was a woman who was married to a king, and died a terrible death for her support of this man.  Maybe wicked or just unliked - IDK, as this is subjective I believe, but to me she was a woman who supported a spineless king and her name has always been synonymous with sensual pleasures, leading to the sinful.  The Bible doesn't talk about Jezebel as a harlot, but a woman who used her beauty to get her husband the king to do exactly what she wanted.  Hmmm - could it be true back then as today, that women use sex for love and men use love for sex?  Whatever it may, she was one woman who desired the love of one man. - as I see it.

Any way, the thought of the musical is still tied in the archives of my mind and my laptop.  I believe the intimate thoughts of women of the Bible would be quite intriguing to explore.  For those of you who don't know the romance stories in the Bible, You should read it - I would suggested starting with the Song of Solomon.

Dream Sweet

No comments:

Post a Comment